Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The 30-minute Challenge

Every day, write a complete blog post in 30 minutes or less.

My goal with this is to again get myself writing and to do it faster.  I've found that many of the ideas I have for my blog end up becoming massive projects: as a result I'm killing myself with quite delightful research projects but not writing anything.  Hopefully this will make my blog more current, and keep my projects more limited in scope.

In other news, I need data on ships lost or damaged, and by what cause, between 1880-1910.  My understanding is that Lloyd's List would have the information I want, however, it is not in common circulation.  My only recourse seems to be traveling to England to use the sources myself, or finding some librarian who will duplicate several reams of microfilm for me.  I'll start working on that later this week; today I have a Lasar paper to work on.

--
Robert Alverson

m*lambda=d*sine(theta)

1 comment:

Kenneth Finnegan said...

My problem is that I have a list of maybe 15 posts that I should write, but am just too dang lazy...