Monday, July 7, 2008

Wanted

I saw "Wanted" over the weekend.  I thought it was pretty good for what it was (B action movie), but it was way more over the top than I had expected.  As Aaron noted, there were brains all over a wall within the first 5 minutes, and that remained a staple of the rest of the movie.  I think that it delivers pretty well on the premise of this xkcd: action movies need more action.  This one has plenty of action, blood everywhere, Angelina Jolie being somewhat attractive, and guns.  Now, all that comes at a pretty steep price: this thing is cliched like none other.  Not in the "haHA, external references" way either, but in the agonizing, sadly funny, "did they seriously just say that line?" way.  It's pretty terrible, and renders some otherwise climatic moments very silly.

If you enjoy action films, its worth seeing.  I wouldn't pay money for it though.

--
Robert Alverson

m*lambda=d*sine(theta)

No comments: