Thursday, December 4, 2008

New Stuff!

I have a new frame, a Soma Double Cross. Somebody made me an offer I couldn't refuse, and so now I have a beautiful frame, and nothing to build it up with. Right now the plan is to run it as a light touring/commuting bike that I can haul into the forest and thrash around the trails and fire roads on the weekends. Drop bars, bar end shifters (unless I can score some brifters somewhere), front disk brake (no mounting lugs on the back), cross drivetrain (probably SRAM, as we have a lot of their components around the shop). Sadly, what with the being in school and all, not much spare change to drop on the components.

See what I can dig up at the coop, and work that discount for all it's worth.

In other news, I rediscover writing fiction. Forgot how fun and relatively easy it is. Perhaps I'll stick some more of that here when I get a chance.

No comments: