Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Finding Things

While I may or my not be one to toot my own horn, I try to do it in the privacy of my own home, and thus avoid sticky encounters.  In this instance, I think that I can safely put it out there without getting my head bitten off.  

I'm really good at finding things.

Last week I found a powered VGA splitter that my office, and I thought we didn't have.  I also found a jackpot of audio splitters, which I also needed at the time.  That could have just been random luck, but I do generally have an intimate knowledge of our equipment inventory.  Perhaps I'd just forgotten we had them and subconsciously was guided back to them.

Today was an excellent day for finding things, mostly in the Bike Coop.  For those not familiar with the Bike Coop, the basic signal that you are an old hand is if you can actually tell when people have moved things.  This is only a slight exaggeration.  So it was rather impressive that I was able to find a bottom bracket, a new crank, and cassette spacers today.

I also found Kristina's headlight today.

Overall, I think that my recent finding stuff ability has been a great boon, and am so excited about it that I just had to tell you all.

I'll post something meaningful in a few days, once I get my paper on "Twilight" polished up.

No comments: